Sunday, May 4, 2008

Share a Smile

I go to Starbucks between two and five (on particularly tough weeks) mornings per week. It's true that I am well cheered by my "triple grande nonfat white mocha with whip" and a sausage breakfast sandwich, but on the truly good mornings, it's more than that. The best mornings, for me, are the ones where someone gives me a genuine smile. Some days, it's just another customer I pass, holding the door open for me and saying, "Hi." Other days, it's the cashier thanking me for my purchase, or the barista who tells me to have a good day when I pick up my order. But the point is that when I'm walking back to my car, I'm happy and smiling because someone decided to smile at me.

So someone today or tomorrow, try to share your pearly whites with a stranger. You'd be surprised how much of a difference you might be making in their day.

1 comment:

Cathy Burke said...

I love this!! I can't tell you how often a smile from a stranger makes my day. I try to do this everyday-especially to the people who look like they have not been smiled at for weeks. Great post!